Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Doesn't need glasses yet...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Janine773's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2001
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I just went back and re-read the entire series to see for myself whether I thought Darth had a valid point in the assertions that the series has lost its' focus. Having done so, I would still say... no. Not totally, anyway.
    What I've noticed is that while most characters (major and minor both), such as Fran, Kat, David, Fran's mom, Casey, even Chuck, have been allowed a certain amount of time to develop throughout the series. Even if they aren't part of the "main group", so to speak, we are given a sense of who they are, their motivations, what they are all about. And it was done over the course of several issues, often even with gaps inbetween when we wouldn't see some of these characters at all.

    What I see happening though, is that Terry is getting near to where he plans to end the series, in about another year and a half it sounds like, and he's trying to squeeze in things about other characters he feels are important (#39, #46, and #47, Freddie, Molly, and Casey respectively) before he finishes F & K's story. These are still good stories, but they do interrupt the flow of things.

    I still remain more than impressed with the series thus far, and wait with much anticipation for the rest of the series... biggrin

    ------------------
    "Listen to the chair leg of truth! It does not lie! What does it say?"

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Then we agree to disagree, neh?

    biggrin

    Darth

    ------------------
    "Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there."
    -Jerry Fanrsworth, 'Job, A Comedy of Justice' by R.A. Heinlein

  3. #3
    Jaxom 27
    Guest Jaxom 27's Avatar

    Post

    Damn we do that a lot around here...

    ------------------
    How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on...

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Agreed.

    ------------------
    The ninja lesbian milk getter. aka dorkflakes.
    Take the time to feel the wind.
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    "I'm not crazy, I'm just reality challenged" -tyledras
    Help Hostboard by using that search engine.
    ChatterBox
    Bran's Place

  5. #5
    Jaxom 27
    Guest Jaxom 27's Avatar

    Post

    Are you sure about that? biggrin

    ------------------
    How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Terry has been very quiet lately. He hasn't posted much in the past two months. He hasn't updated the coming attractions page since November, and the new biographies that Maida talked about never materialized. These are all frosting and frills, I know. But I wonder if they indicate that Terry is suffering from fan fatigue. All the flak Terry has endured since #43 (some of it from me) may be wearing him down, when added to the second-most aggressive publishing schedule in all of indy comics. He can expect more of the same, until we get past Casey's issue. Perhaps the past half-year has been as frustrating to him as it has been to some of us. Maybe Terry needs a break! He's not our servant.
    Terry, we're still with you to the end. smile

    ------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member moderndulcinea's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2001
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Wow, really nicely said, Thrasy.

    :-)

    Sending happy thoughts to the Terrymeister,

    Tara

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Janine773's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2001
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Fett:
    Then we agree to disagree, neh?

    biggrin

    Darth

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Nah, we disagree on agreeing on disagreeing to disagree about the agreeing of the previous motion... hey, waitaminute... tongue

    At any rate, Thras probably has a point. I suppose even "nearly-invincible" comic artists have their own pressures, moreso than wee mortals... Seriously though, I'd rather see him step back from the series for a bit and do it right rather than just push it out exactly on time and have it be crap. Just not too long of a break, tho, eh? biggrin

    ------------------
    "Listen to the chair leg of truth! It does not lie! What does it say?"

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sarabiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, better three months of break with his family (if he can afford it) than what we have read in the last 15 issues.
    Not that I disliked them that much, but... FOCUS!!!

    ------------------
    "Resistere, resistere, resistere, come su un'irrinunciabile linea del Piave!"

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Yazimariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 1999
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the man DOES have more stuff to do than just work on SiP like he used to. Getting his story straight for Birds of Prey, working on Paradise Too! and dealing with SiP, plus add to that cons and heck, maybe some sorta semblance of real life here and there, and well, a guy can get kinda busy.

    I'll admit that I'm getting antsy and I want the story to come soon. In a sense it's like the stories about supporting characters make the last issue a big cliffhanger. But I look forward to the issues nonetheless. Entitled to my opinion I am biggrin The Moore is still a genius in my eyes.
    Besides, I don't need for Terry to finish the story for me to know that D-boy dies a cruel and terrible death, the whole ten year thing is just a dream and Kat and Fran end up together with lil Ashley.
    Feh. that was a joke.



    ------------------
    "I'm telling you stories. Trust me." Jeanette Winterson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •